Power up the next generation of software robots by building reusable automation components with UiPath.
UiPath is on a mission to help developers automate repetitive workplace processes and to increase employee productivity. In this competition, you'll build open source, reusable components using the UiPath Studio for a chance at over $50,000 in cash and prizes, and additional exposure to the UiPath company, community, and customers.
Submissions will fall into one of six categories: custom activities, dashboard components, automation frameworks, application connectors, snippets, or machine learning models.
Need help getting started? Enroll in the free, week-long UiPath Academy for a fast and tailored online learning experience. Not only will you learn, but the component that demonstrates the best application of the Academy lessons can be awarded an extra $5,000.
Main Requirement: Build open source reusable components using the UiPath Studio that automate repetitive tasks in the workplace. You can either build something that fits in the following categories or not: Custom Activities, Dashboard, Automation Frameworks, Application and Data Connectors, Snippets, or Machine Learning models. (Learn more about the categories).
Submit the following materials:
- A demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo.
- Instructions An explanation of your component, how it is meant to function, how it may be applied to other use cases, and instructions for use.
- Access to your open source code for judging and testing by providing a link to your open code repository. MIT open source licenses must be applied. Submit all of your source code files, dependencies and make sure to include the file types specific to the component category. (Specific files listed on the categories tab).
How to enter
- Register for the hackathon on Devpost.
- Learn about UiPath Technology in the Resources section
- Find a teammate (optional) by reaching out to other developers in the Slack channel or on the Participants tab.
- Sign up for free access to UiPath Community Edition.
- Start building - you can build and submit multiple components!
- Shoot your demo video, take screenshots, make or find an icon, and document your reusable component.
- Include MIT open source licensing in your repository.
- Submit your application, including access to your open source code repository, on uipath.devpost.com before August 22, 2018 @ 5:00 PM ET for consideration in the hackathon!
A panel of judges
(Includes the quality and clarity of the implementation structure and/or frameworks used.)
(Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.)
(Includes the extent to which the solution can help enterprises automate their workflow.)